Media Literacy Poster Project
Presentation component: You and your partner must present your poster to the class and speak for 3 minutes. During your presentation you should include the following points:
- Introduce yourselves.
The media’s idea of beauty:
- What are some similar characteristics of the models appearing on the ‘media’ side of your poster?
- What message is the media sending? Who created this message? Why is this message being sent?
- What values, lifestyles and points of view are represented in, or omitted from this message?
- What are some of the differences? Is there much diversity?
- Are your pictures mainly men or women? Why do you think this might be?
Your idea of beauty:
- What is beautiful to you and your partner? Explain the pictures you selected. Is there much diversity on this side of the poster?
I recommend having a cue card prepared for each of the above questions with some notes outlining your main points.
|1.4 State point of view in a convincing way and support it with personal examples as well as multiple pieces of evidence from outside sources.|
|2.2 Use appropriate vocabulary, sentence structure, speed of talking and tone for different audiences and purposes.|
|2.6 Understand how the content and message are affected by verbal and non-verbal language (eye contact, volume)|
|7.1 Recognize that print and media can be biased|
|7.6 Describe how culture and reality are portrayed in media text|
|10.5 Collect and combine information from several sources.|
|9.3 Understand that ideas can be represented in more than one way and experiment with many forms.|