The Metro High School Athletic Association

Date: Monday September 8th, 2014

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: Halifax West

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/mhsaa/

 

Attendance:

 

Jason Scott

Fountain

Scott Pellerine

SJA

Patrick Hatfield

CHDHS

Peter Halley

DART

Erica Ens

AUB

Susan Beazley

Armbrae

David Algee

JL Ilsley

Tamara Muise

ES

Jean Francois Valade

Carr

Trevor Doyle

NSSAF

Annette Sherlock

SH

Mike Smeltzer

HWHS

Tim McGarrigle

HGS

Bob Mayo

PA

Donna Duggan

 HWHS

 Steve Harris

CIT

 Jill Jeffrey

 SHS

Ray Robertson

CPA

Adam White

MW

Guy Fortin

Sommet

Craig Janc

Shambhala

Jordan Lewis

HCA

 

Sends regrets:      

 

 Steve Wilcox

Lockview

 

 

 

 

                                                               

1.  OPENING:

The meeting opened at 7:12 p.m.

 

 

2.  INTRODUCTIONS:

Introductions were made and the meeting was chaired by Donna Duggan. 

 

 

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for June, 2014

     

Moved:              Trevor Doyle                         Minutes Approved

Seconded:        Sue Beazley  

 

 

4.  FINANCIAL REPORT

The Chair, Donna Duggan reported the following financial information:

reminder to pay fees for this year$100 full and $50 for associate.

               Shares: $ 360.37

                   Plan 24: $ 20.33

                   Equity: $ 10.00

                   Cheque: $ $19945.53

 

5. CORRESPONDENCE:

None

 

6. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

None

 

7. REGIONAL DIRECTORS REPORT: Trevor Doyle gave a verbal report. Submissions are due for fall workshop for this Friday.  Can you upload coaches contact information to the NSSAF data base for KSISS. If you have a coaches list Ron will input it for you. Head Football coaches need to be trained in each level depending on what they are coaching and their role by August 1st 2016. Rugby coaches will have to complete the online module before the start of this season. There is also other concussion training online courses that coaches can be directed to. If you are going out of the province or are playing a non- NSSAF team you have to be sanctioned. Provincials we are hosting are: Baseball, Cross Country, Soccer JV Boys, Snowboarding, Division 2 Girls Hockey, Division 2 Boys Hockey, Rugby. Boys Soccer Division 1 2 3 Boys, JV Boys Soccer, Volleyball Division 1 and 2 Boys and Girls, Division 2 Girls. Trevor will get banners to the schools as soon as he gets them.

 

 

8. COORDINATORS REPORTS

 

a. Boys Hockey HW: Mike Smeltzer/Frank Hubley

Frank will send out anything of importance.

 

b. Girls Hockey- JLI: David Algee

Meeting is Wednesday Sept 17th at JLI 7 pm in room 226. Dave will send out information this week. Please have a representative at this meeting and bring  all possible ice times.

 

c. Boys Division One Soccer SJA Scott Pellerine

All went well at the meeting, schedule has been sent out and games begin tomorrow. Please have results from each game in to me within 24 hours and a send scores to the Herald as well in an email format.

 

d. Girls Division One Soccer HW Roy Snook/ Mike Smeltzer

Same as the boys league.

 

e. Boys/Girls B Soccer Armbrae Susan Beazley

7 boys teams and 12 girls teams. Two divisions in the girls league. Susan will send out a schedule by the end of the week. $25 ref fee each game for each team. Please send coaches names and numbers into Susan this week.

 

f. Boys Volleyball CIT Trevor Doyle

Coaches meeting Sept 15th at SHS in the Library at 6pm. Boys are Monday and Wednesday and Girls are  Tuesday and Thursday. Please have no play dates at the meeting. Having a second team at your school was discussed.

 

g. Girls Volleyball SHS Jill Jeffery

Meeting same night as boys. New assignor this year and fees should be the same.

 

h. Girls B Volleybabll ES Tamara Muise

We will wait until the a league is set up and then an email will be sent out.

 

i. Golf HG Tim McGarrigle

Email was sent out. On your girls team you can send 1,2,3,4 players if the team qualifies all four golfers can go. Coaches need to pay at the pro shop.

 

j. Baseball PA Bob Mayo/Louis Aube

This is finalized and an email will be sent out. City and County Divisions. Weekend of the 21st is the County tournament at Beazley Field, City is the weekend of the 26th mainly at Beazley field. The Regionals are on weekend of October 3rd and the winner is the host of the Provincials. Bob can supply some leadership students if you need help. Cost is between $300 and $325 you will supply you own balls.

 

k. Cross Country Metro and Regional CIT - Steve Harris

Email will be sent out tomorrow. $25 one time fee for metro races. For Regional races we will use Trackie to register. There will be a meeting in October for this all dates will be sent out. Meeting will be at Citadel.

 

l. Boys A Basketball CIT - Steve Harris

Early October there will be a meeting at Citadel, date will be sent out. Probably one division again this year. First meeting is where the schedule is done so no play dates need to be sent with coaches, keep volleyball in mind. Jamborees can be hosted as early as October 17th, need to apply to NSSAF to do that. Discussion as to why basketball is starting so early when our gym time is so busy already in October and November. There has never been a motion to start later, most of these start dates are based on tradition. A motion would have to be put forth for this to change.

 

m. Girls A Basketball DART Peter Halley

Information will be sent out.

 

n. Boys B Basketball FOUT Jason Scott

Information will be sent out.

 

o. Girls B Basketball SH Annette Sherlock

Information will be sent out.

A school with an appropriate population can declare Division 2 for this basketball season.

 

 

9. New Business

None

 

Adjournment:

Meeting Adjourned at 8:16 pm

Moved:  Erica Ans

Seconded:   Tamara Muise

 

Next meeting will be Monday Oct 20th at Halifax West 7pm.

 

If you have anything you wish to add to the agenda, please contact Donna Duggan or Scott Pellerine one week prior to the next meeting.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Scott Pellerine

Secretary