The Metro High School Athletic Association

Date: Monday September 9th, 2013

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: Halifax West

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/mhsaa/

 

Attendance:

Peter Moore

Fountain

Scott Pellerine

SJA

Patrick Hatfield

CHDHS

Kelly MacDonald

DART

Erica Ens

AUB

Susan Beazley

Armbrae

David Algee

JL Ilsley

Tamara Muise

ES

Jean Francois Valade

Carr

Trevor Doyle

NSSAF

Annette Sherlock

SH

Roy Snook

HWHS

Tim McGarrigle

HGS

Bob Mayo

PA

 Jill Rahhali

 HCA

 Steve Harris

CIT

 Jill Jeffrey

 SHS

Ray Robertson

CPA

Adam White

MW

Steve Wilcox

Lockview

Craig Janc

Shambhala

Jordan Lewis

Christian Academy

 

 

 

Sends regrets:      

 

Guy Fortin

Sommet

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   

1.  OPENING

The meeting opened at   7:12 p.m.

 

 

2. INTRODUCTIONS:

Introductions were made for the new participants and the meeting was chaired by Donna Duggan. Try to make sure someone is able to represent your school at each meeting.

 

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for June, 2013

    

Moved:   Sue Beazley

Seconded:        Roy Snook

 

Approved

 

4.  FINANCIAL REPORT

The Chair, Donna Duggan reported the following financial information:

    

                     Shares: $360.37

                   Plan 24: $20.33

                   Equity: $10.00

                   Cheque: $24,796.78

 

5. CORRESPONDANCE:

Brendan Smithson Field Lacrosse will be added to agenda in November.

 

 

6. REGIONAL DIRECTORS REPORT: Trevor Doyle gave a verbal report

 

All coaches need to take the KSISS course before teams advance to Regionals. Contact Ron O'Flaherty if you have any problems. Banners will be in for the October meeting, if you are coordinating a sport make sure you have one. Proposals for fall workshop need to be in by next Wednesday.

 

7. COORDINATORS REPORTS

 

a. Boys Soccer - SJA: Scott Pellerine

All is going well. I ask that all game results be sent in by email as soon as you can after the game. The game sheets are not clear.

 

b. Girls Soccer - HW: Roy Snook

Make sure coaches check the new schedule for any issues. Fees need to be in to Roy as soon as possible. Coaches were given invoices and ref fee signing sheet to fill in for the season. If any changes need to be made the coaches are responsible to contact other team, refs, coordinators, before any changes can change. Unfortunately the play days were not flipped for this season, so it can't be done, because of the ref bookings and the new turf. Next year days will be switched.

 

c. Cross Country - CIT: Steve Harris

Should have an email sent out by Steve, passed around information. Metro series we will charge $20 per school for all three races.

 

d. Baseball -PA:  Bob Mayo

The season will be more than one week-end, schedule should be out next week. Western is hosting provincials

 

e.   Boys Hockey Frank Hubley/ Roy Snook

The league meeting will be Thursday. Costs are going up and the league is looking at putting fees up across the league for admissions. Frank would like to know what we think about putting them up. We came up with a maximum fee of $5 for the game and $3 for the student fee, up to schools what they charge per game up to those amounts.

 

f.   Girls Hockey - JLI: Dave Algee

Coaches meeting is Wednesday Sept 18th, Dave will send out an email

 

g.   Girls Volleyball - SHS: Jill Jeffery

Boys and girls are meeting at SHS September 17th in the Library at 6:30. Coaches need to bring no play dates or send them to coordinators ahead of the meeting. Election is October 8th

 

h.   Boys Volleyball - CIT: Trevor Doyle

New ball: Home team decides, but when it gets to Regionals it will be the ball in the handbook Mikasa MVA200. Each school should at least have one game ball to provide for a home game.

           

i.    Girls/Boys B Soccer - ARM: Susan Beazley

Nine teams are in, using fields again. Refs are $60, each team bring $30. Millwood is at Weir field so no cancellations. 7 boys teams.

 

 j.    Girls B Volleyball Eastern Shore

 

 

 k.    Golf - HG: Tim McG.arrigle

Information was sent out by email, due date for teams is September 19th not 17th. Tournament is 23rd of September.

 

 

Still looking for a league coordinator for boys basketball. Wondering if we need to offer a fee to the coordinator? All schools who might have a team should be looking for a replacement.

 

Lacrosse is also open, talk to your coaches about that.

 

8. New Business

 

Donna will check on how many years the criminal records check and child abuse is for. Roy is going to look into on line records check.

 

Adjournment-

Meeting Adjourned at 8:02 pm

Moved: Roy Snook

Seconded:  Steve Wilcox

 

Next meeting will be Oct 21st at Halifax West 7pm

 

If you have anything you wish to add to the agenda, please contact Donna Duggan or Scott Pellerine one week prior to the next meeting.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Scott Pellerine

 

Secretary