The Metro High School Athletic Association

Date: Friday June 21st, 2013.

Time: 1:00 p.m.

Location: Trevor Doyle's House

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/mhsaa/

 

Trevor Doyle

NSSAF

Scott Pellerine

SJA

Steve Harris

CIT

 Adam White

MW

Toinette Martin

DART

Susan Beazley

Armbrae

David Algee

JL Ilsley

Ray Roberston

CPA

Peter Moore

Fountain

Patrick Hatfield

CHDHS

Annette Sherlock

SH

Roy Snook

HWHS

Tamara Muise

ES

Bob Mayo

PA

 Jill Jeffrey

SHS

Donna Duggan

HWHS

Mark Andrecyk

CPA

 

 

Attendance:

 

 

Sends regrets:      

 

J.F. Valade

Carrefour

Tim Hallman

PA

Steve Wilcox

Lockview

Colin Bush

AUB

Tim McGarrigle

HGS

Craig Janc

Shambhala

Jorden Lewis

HCA

           

               

 

                                                                           

1.  OPENING

The meeting opened at 1:45pm.

 

2. INTRODUCTIONS:

Introductions were made for the new participants and the meeting was chaired by Donna Duggan.

 

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for April, 2013.

Moved:        Trevor Doyle

Seconded:  Roy Snook

 

 

4.  FINANCIAL REPORT

     The Chair, Donna Duggan reported the following financial information:

       

An up to date hand out of the year-end financial report was handed out to all in attendance. Most sports are recognized as carrying a balance, a few that are not were reminded that as coordinators we need to make sure fees are sufficient to cover costs and all fees are collected. NSSAF will refund a portion for the Provincial Track Meet. A discussion of the possibility of decreasing the metro fee to $100 occurred; a motion was put forth for this. It was also discussed that more money may be needed for Track and Field to cover off more sub days for help.

 

Motion:

 

Metro change the fees for a full member from $300 to $100 and associate member from $100 to $50 for the 2013 - 2014 year.  

 

Moved: Roy Snook

Seconded: Mark Andrecyck

 

 

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

 

6. REGIONAL DIRECTORS REPORT:

 

Trevor thanked all who were involved this year for all of their effort. He reminded us that KSISS is ongoing and we need to continue to register coaches. Next year Trevor is in his final year as Regional Director.

 

Provincials we are hosting are: Soccer Division 4 Girls, Boys and Girls Volleyball Division 3. Division 1 Boys Basketball (coordinator should be looking at booking the CGC), Division 2 Girls Basketball, Hockey Boys and Girls Division 1, and Badminton.

 

 

7. New Business

None.

 

8. COORDINATORS REPORTS

 

a.          Boys Rugby -Steve Lennihan: CH

       Steve will have bill done up next week and send them out to schools.

 

b.          Girls Rugby - Craig Thornton: HW

       Craig will not be coordinator next year. All went well.

 

c.          Track and Field- Donna Duggan: HW

       Talked about need for support, we are losing Jason Murphy next year, more people need to step up into leadership roles. We will use meet manager in meets next year as well. It may be possible to tap into leadership students in high school to run more of the meet.

 

d.          Cheerleading- Bob Mayo: PA

       All went well.

 

e.     Softball-Adam White: Millwood

       Gave a copy of season report to all in attendance, all went well.

 

f.      Soccer- Roy Snook/ Scott Pellerine

Division one boys and girls meeting at 7 pm Halifax West on September 5th. There will be a fee of $575 per team due at the meeting. Schools should have an invoice before September. For division two Roy had trouble getting turf from 4 - 6.

 

 g .   Golf - Tim McGarrigle: HGS

       Dates: Sept 23rd at Penn Hills.

 

 

9. NEW BUSINESS:

It was voted on that Frank Hubley will continue on as the league coordinator for the boys hockey league. He will get an honorarium equal to the league statistician for the season.

 

10. ADJOURNMENT:

 

Meeting Adjourned at 2:42pm

Moved: Sue Beazley

Seconded:  Roy Snook

 

Next Meeting TBA (September)

 

If you have anything you wish to add to the agenda, please contact Donna Duggan or Scott Pellerine one week prior to the next meeting.

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Scott Pellerine

 

Secretary