Regional Badminton Information
Tuesday April 12th
Sackville High School: All Classes
The Individual Tournament will start at 9:00 am sharp.
The Team Competition will begin 20 minutes upon
completion of the Individual Competition.
Tournament Chairperson : Steve Wilcox
1. All games are to 21 points.
A match consists of the best of 3 games to 21 points.
At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
The side winning a game serves first in the next game.
When the leading score
reaches 11 points, players have up to a one minute interval/break.
Up to 2 minutes interval between each game is allowed. Players change ends at the end of each game.
In the third game, players also change ends when the leading score reaches 11 points.
2. Top two individual finishers advance to Provincials, which will be held on April 22nd
and 23rd at CEC in Truro.
3. An athlete may compete in only one event in individual play.
4. Top two teams in each class section will advance to Provincials.
An athlete may compete in only one event in team play.
5. Scoring for team competition is determined by head to head competition of all teams. A team must win at least three of the five events to win the matchup. The team winning the round would then be awarded one point. Play proceeds until all schools have played each other in their pool.
6. In order to maintain a sharper focus on the game score the player/team
serving should announce aloud the score. This may also prevent a
dispute/argument during the game or match.
7. Players are asked to exhibit “good sportsmanship” at all times. Racquet throwing and
language are sometimes a problem.
8. The Mavis 300 yellow is the tournament shuttle.
9. Coaches are responsible for First Aid for their athletes and should bring their own
10. Eye protection is mandatory for warm-up and for play for all doubles matches.
11. No outside club clothing is permitted.