COUNTY BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016
LOCKVIEW HIGH SCHOOL
Intermediate – Wednesday April 6th Senior – Thursday April 7th
*Play begins at 9:30 a.m. each day. Gym will be open by 8:30 a.m. for warm up.
1) Registration Deadline is, Mar. 23rd, 2016. Your registration must include contact information for your coaches, a team list with position and team rank. Teams who miss the deadline will not be eligible to compete in the 2016 County Badminton Championships.
Send Intermediate and Senior lists to Steve Wilcox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Please rank your team 1 to 5 (1 = low skill looking for experience and 5 being provincial team quality).
3) Schools/players late to play any game will forfeit their game(s).
4) Fees. Send fees to Lockview, attention Steve Wilcox. $5.00 per athlete – Make cheques payable to Metro High School Athletic Association.
Round Robin/First Round
- Sections of 7 or less will play round robin
- Sections of 8 or more will play two or three divisions with a cross over of the top teams (crossover format depends on number of pools)
- A student may only compete in one event or age class.
- Round robin/First round games will be one game to 15 (intermediate) and 21 (senior). Crossovers will be one game to 21 (both classes).
- Top 2 individual finishers in each class section advance to the Regional tournament.
- Top 2 teams will advance to the Regional Tournament.
- *Regional Tournament – April 12th @ Sackville High
6) Team Points – Individuals will score team points for their school if they have at least 4 out of 5 sections entered. Points will be awarded as follows:
5 points for 1st place 3 points for 2nd place
2 points for 3rd place 1 point for 4th place
7) NSSAF Provincials – Top Regional team in each class section will advance to
Provincials. Provincials are to be hosted by the Northumberland Region for 2016.
8) Each school must have a teacher/staff advisor present at the competition.
9) A full team consists of 8 students
a. Boys and Girls Singles (2 students)
b. Boys and Girls Doubles (4 students)
c. Mixed Doubles (2 students)
REMINDER OF WHAT YOU NEED TO SEND TO
STEVE WILCOX BY MAR. 23rd
Team Coach/Contact: name and email
Team members: full name, skill level, position
Lockview: Steve Wilcox (email@example.com)
Intermediate Team members:
Boys Singles: John Joe (3)
Girls Singles: Jane Joe (5)
Boys Doubles: Billy Bob (2) and Bobby Joe (3)
Girls Doubles: Jill Jones (1) and Jill James (2)
Mixed Doubles: Tommy Burke (3) and Tammy Burke (3)