The Metro High School Athletic Association

Date: Monday April 28th, 2014.

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: Halifax West

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/mhsaa

Attendance:

Tamara Muise

ES

Scott Pellerine

SJA

Jill Jeffrey

SHS

Kelly MacDonald

DART

Tim McGarrigle

HGS

Susan Beazley

Armbrae

Steve Harris

CIT

Steve Wilcox

Lockview

Adam White

Mill

Trevor Doyle

NSSAF

David Algee

JL Ilsley

Roy Snook

HW

Ray Robertson

CPA

Jared Griffiths

SH

Jordan Lewis

HCA

Patrick Hatfield

CHDHS

Erica Ans

AUB

Annette Sherlock

SH

Anthony Williams

PA

Peter Moores

Fountain

 

Sends regrets: 

 

Guy Fortin

SOMM

Donna Duggan

HW

Craig Janc

Shambhala

Bob Mayo

PA

Jean-Franacois Valade

CARR

 

 

 

                                                                           

1.  OPENING:

The meeting opened at 7:03 pm

 

2. INTRODUCTIONS:

Meeting was chaired by Susan Beazley.

 

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for March, 2014.  

Moved:         Roy Snook                                         

Seconded:         Ray Robertson                 Approved

 

4.  FINANCIAL REPORT

The Chair, Donna Duggan reported the following financial information via Sue Beazley:

 

Chequing:        $22565.81

            Shares:             $360.37

            Plan 24:           $20.33

            Equity:            $10.00

 

 

5. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

Motion for 72 hour change in constitution for protests will be emailed out and voted on in June.

 

6. REGIONAL DIRECTORS REPORT:

KSISS - Ron will want a list of coaches who have taken the course, they feel that the data base is not up to date. Certification requirements are being looked at as well, on an individual sport basis. Proposals for Wrestling will go to the board. Track schedule will be changed. The game ball for basketball will not go through because the proposal was written wrong. The golf proposal will stay the same, as it stands now the boys and girls are different. The division two basketball will go to board of governors to allow schools with a lower population to declare for division two. The schedule for JV teams will be shorter by one week.

 

7. NEW BUSINESS:

Soccer will start a week later, the schedule will be busy so let coaches know this before the summer. Refs and fees will be $1100 so can you have the fees in with the coaches for the league meeting.

 

Any interest in changing the Boys Division I schedule for next year for two tiers?

 

Scott will send out a guideline to follow for this, for the June meeting can you have any information from your coaches you think should be considered?

 

8. COORDINATORS REPORTS

 

Cheerleading - PA:  Bob Mayo/Anthony Williams

Auburn advanced.

 

 Field Hockey SJA Scott Pellerine/Sue McMaster

Everything is going well. Playoff schedule will be sent out soon.

 

Badminton - City CIT Donna Duggan

Report was already given at last meeting, but a number of schools still need to pay. For High Schools Citadel still needs to pay and many junior high schools.

 

Badminton - County LOCK Steve Wilcox/ Jake Crawford

Everything went well.

 

Boys Rugby - CH - Pat Hatfield/ Steve Lennihan

Round robin completed tomorrow. New schedule to be sent out this Wednesday, games are Tuesday and Friday. Some schools still owe.

 

 Girls Rugby - SJA Scott Pellerine/ Lindsay Hilton

League website is linked to metro site. CH apologized for dropping out of the league; they will not enter a team next year.

 

Track and Field - City - HW - Donna Duggan

Track Report: Information was sent to all schools.

City May 20 & 21

Raindate May 26

Regional May 28 & 29

Raindate May 30

Provincial June 6 & 7

There is a coaches meeting May 1st at CPA 6pm for City Schools and 7:30pm for the County Schools. It is necessary for everyone to send someone so they know how to register as it is a new system this year.

 

Need people on May 19th to help set up in the evening.

 

Track and Field - County - CPA Ray Robertson

Meeting on Thursday at CPA in room 2007.

 

County May 22 & 23

Raindate May 26

Regional May 28 & 29

Raindate May 30

Provincial June 6 & 7

Look into getting rooms now.

 

Field Lacrosse SJA Scott Pellerine/ Brendon Smithson

Everything is going well. Season started last week.

 

Softball MILL Adam White

Email was sent out today to get coaches email. Dates are on the email as well. Girls are up two teams this year.

 

Table Tennis AUB Erica Ens

Everything went well.

Fast Pitch - Pat Hatfield

Only Auburn and Cole Harbour are involved. They will arrange the schedule.

 

Adjournment:

Meeting Adjourned at 7:57 pm

Moved:  Jill Jeffrey

Seconded:   Tim McGarrigle

 

Next meeting is Tuesday June 24th.

 

If you have anything you wish to add to the agenda, please contact Donna Duggan or Scott Pellerine one week prior to the next meeting.

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Scott Pellerine

Secretary