A Closer Look at his Life and Times
the notes you received in class and the Internet to search for the following
answers. Answer all questions in
complete sentences. Be sure to use
- Describe (in a paragraph) Luther’s
life up until the time he graduated from university.
- Describe Luther’s early
thoughts about religion.
- How did Luther find peace for
- How did Luther explain the
‘forgiveness of sins’ to the people of Wittenberg?
- What did Luther’s ’95 Theses’
show the people of Germany?
- Why did Luther nail the ’95
Theses’ to the church door?
- How did news of Luther’s ’95
Theses’ spread over Europe?
- What did the Pope charge
- What is a ‘papal bull’?
- What was the ‘Diet of Worms’?
- Why wouldn’t Luther retract
his statements about the Roman Catholic religion?
- What happened to Luther after
he was declared an ‘outlaw’?
- What are the six main parts
of the Small Catechism, and what is their significance to the Lutheran
- Why did Luther translate the
Bible into German?
- Search the Internet and copy
any 5 of the ‘95 Theses’. Do you
agree with Luther? Why or why not?