1. The player hops through the grid - one hop only to each space.
2. Player may rest at home (10) with both feet before turning around and hopping back to the base line (1).
3. When a player successfully hops to 10 and back, that person's initials are chalked in any space chosen by the player, except home (1).
4. From now on, the player may rest on both feet in that space, but no other player is allowed to hop into it. When players come to any initial space other than their own, they must hop over it.
5. The game becomes harder as the spaces are initialed. When there is only one player left who can complete the grid, that person is the winner.
variation: Play the game just like potsy.